Come Share the Journey!
“…and on this rock I will build My church…”
Our mission as the church of Christ at Cottondale, in obedience to the Word of God, is to enlist, encourage, and equip as many people as possible in becoming dedicated followers of Jesus. We understand this lifelong journey includes essential elements such as…
Commitment to Worship
Christ’s followers will hear and obey what God says. In worship, we hear a message from God’s word, lift our voices and hearts to God in song, offer prayers, partake in the Lord’s Supper, give as we have been prospered and we grow in knowledge of His will for our lives. Through worship, we refocus our lives on God. All who love God and follow Jesus commit to – and enjoy the privilege of – worshiping regularly.
Commitment to our Community
Christ’s followers are to be known by their love for each other. Following Jesus is an individual decision, but the journey is made in the company of other followers. Christ offers a new life, a connected life, and in His church all are welcome through humble obedience.
Commitment to Serve
Christ’s followers are to embrace a life of service. Love for God is demonstrated by showing love to other people, not just in words but in deeds of mercy. Following Jesus will lead us to others we can help.
Jason Moore graduated in 2014 from the University of North Alabama in Florence, Alabama with a degree in Biology and Education. There he met his wonderful wife, Danielle. After teaching for several years in Georgia, he decided he wanted to preach the gospel and sought to attend the best school for preachers. Therefore Jason and Danielle attended the Memphis School of Preaching and their daughter, Sarah, was born during that time. After two years of learning he graduated in June 2019 and began working with Cottondale church of Christ.
Favorite Verse: Proverbs 24:10
If you faint in the day of adversity, Your strength is small.
- The church broadcasts all classes and sermons to YouTube for ease of viewing for those that cannot make it to the services for any reason. You can view these streams and any past videos by using the link below.
- World Bible School – Grade materials and return them to Clifton Parker.
- Operational Groups – Everyone is encouraged to send cards.
- Church Eat Church is on the 4th Sunday of each month (October 27)
- The Memphis School of Preaching campaign will take place October 27-31.
- We are currently updating the Church directory and new photos are being taken. If you would like you photo taken for the directory please email the Church at email@example.com to setup a time and date.
- Basic Bible principles class will meet in the fellowship hall at 4pm on Sundays except on church-eat-church days.
- Cottondale will be having a Fall Festival on November 2 at 1:00PM at the building. Children are encouraged to dress in their costumes and bring a bag or bucket for candy.
- On November 9 the church will be having a fish fry starting at 4:00PM.
- Cottondale is trying to get together a special collection of items that will be taken to the North Alabama Children’s Home on November 10th. Please get with the Jason Moore or one of the Elders to see what is needed.
- The Great Sweet Potato giveaway will be Saturday October 26 at the church building.
- Here are dates and times for the upcoming Gospel Meetings
- Millport — October 20-23 starting at 7:00PM
- Cottondale — October 27-31 starting at 7:00PM
- West Walker — November 3-6 starting at 7:00PM
- Men’s breakfast will be Saturday, October 26.
- Pew Packers meet at 4:30 on Sunday except on church-eat-church – Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- The ladies devo will be held at the church building on October 17 at 6:30PM.
Cottondale Church of Christ is honored to host the Memphis School of Preaching campaign for 2019.
Young men from the school will be coming to Cottondale October 27 – 31 to canvas the neighborhoods and spread the word with the help of the congregation. These young warriors for Christ will be reaching out to the community, we will be holding a Gospel meeting October 27 – 31 at 7:00PM.
Sunday Morning Bible Class Sunday Morning Worship
Starts @ 9AM Starts @ 10AM
Sunday Night Worship Wednesday Night Bible Study
Starts @ 5PM Starts @ 7pm